In the wake of recent natural disasters around the globe, Stop Hunger Now responded immediately by working with our in-country Impact Partners to distribute critical aid to communities impacted by these historic storms and the destruction they left behind.
Earlier this month, Hurricane Matthew devastated large swaths of Haiti, a country whose poverty rate is over 58%. We worked quickly with our partners to distribute the following aid to those affected by the storm:
- Stop Hunger Now Impact Partner Haiti Outreach Ministries distributed 100 boxes of Stop Hunger Now meals to 1,200 households in Cite Soleil.
- Stop Hunger Now Impact Partner ADRA International received 300 lbs of Stop Hunger Now meals for immediate distribution in Les Cayes, Haiti. ADRA International will also airlift a 20 ft. container of Stop Hunger Now meals through an Airlink-sponsored flight on October 31. Additionally, in the next three weeks, ADRA will receive four additional containers of Stop Hunger Now meals aiming to assist nearly 127,825 Haitians in their relief efforts.
- A total of 1,177,844 Stop Hunger Now meals have been and will be distributed in Haiti.
- We are also ramping up our domestic relief efforts, providing 2,600 hygiene kits to Islamic Relief USA for distribution in the flood-ravaged town of Lumberton, North Carolina.
Typhoon Haima, a Category 4 storm, made landfall last week in the northern Philippines, and nearly 3 million people may have been affected.
- Stop Hunger Now Impact Partner International Care Ministries (ICM) has two shipping containers of Stop Hunger Now meals in place for emergency relief. ICM is prepared to dispatch the meals upon request.
- Stop Hunger Now Philippines, our in-country office, is monitoring the situation and will respond according to need.
We are fortunate to have been able to respond so quickly to assist those in urgent need in Haiti, the Philippines and the U.S., but we need your help to ensure our continued ability to act immediately in the face of disaster. Please consider making a donation to our Global Emergency Relief Fund today. Your support will ensure we are prepared to respond to complex emergencies and be there for survivors in their hour of need.