BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU agree to abide by the practices described in this Privacy Statement which may be changed from time to time
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control; and how you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THAT INFORMATION
We seek your personal information when you sign up for our meal packaging event, volunteer to participate in our field programs, make a pledge or give a donation, request a communication from us, register for an on-ground event, pledge support to our work and campaigns and apply for working or volunteering with Rise Against Hunger India. This information may be sought over the phone, through the website, via email or via face-to-face interaction.
Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, date of birth, PIN code, telephone numbers, mobile phone numbers, your organization’s name, email addresses, credit/debit card information, bank information or billing information. We collect information from you to extend services like processing of your donations, providing receipts and tax exemption certificates, sending regular updates about the work we do to end hunger, respond to your queries and apprising you of the new opportunities to connect with our cause.
Rise Against Hunger India does not share, rent, sell, or distribute our database to others. Personal information gathered by our organization is kept in confidence. Our personnel, volunteers and vendors are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered.
We have instituted the necessary security mechanisms to maintain data safety and only designated employees have access to your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server. The donation servers are encrypted by the 128 bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) Encryption. The information you provide on the donation transaction page is encrypted using SSL – Secure Sockets Layer (you will see a padlock icon in the left-hand side of the address bar in your browser). At the same time, the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http”. The vendor systems are compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) as a measure to make sure that the transaction data are 100% safe.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity or send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. At times, donor names may be included in printed publications or on our website, however, addresses or other personal information are never disclosed. If a donor wishes to remain anonymous, Rise Against Hunger India will gladly remove their information from such lists. Rise Against Hunger India also takes measures to ensure that the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent it from being lost or destroyed.
PHOTO & VIDEO DISCLAIMER
Rise Against Hunger India reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event facilitated by our team in any location within the country, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. Rise Against Hunger India may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by Rise Against Hunger India including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
To ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval from the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian.
A person attending a Rise Against Hunger India event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers, and/or contact us at 302, 3rd Cross, HRBR Layout 1st Block, Kalyan Nagar Post, Bangalore – 560043, in writing of his/her intentions and include a photograph. Rise Against Hunger India will use the photo for identification purposes and will hold it in confidence.
By participating in a Rise Against Hunger India event or by failing to notify Rise Against Hunger India, in writing, your desire to not have your photograph used by Rise Against Hunger India, you are agreeing to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify Rise Against Hunger India from any and all claims involving the use of your picture or likeness.
Any person or organization not affiliated with Rise Against Hunger may not use, copy, alter or modify Rise Against Hunger India photographs, graphics, videography or other, similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorized designee from Rise Against Hunger.
USE OF “COOKIES”
Your browser is probably set to accept cookies. You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behavior as per your individual preferences.
RISE AGAINST HUNGER INDIA MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except in the limited circumstances elicited below, Rise Against Hunger India will never intentionally share your email addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
- Credit/Debit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers and Payments by Cheque: We avail the services of third parties to provide donation facilities by the means of cheque, credit/debit card payments or electronic fund transfers. While your information may be shared with these third parties, we make stringent efforts to require all third-party service providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. However, since we do not have complete control over these third parties, we cannot guarantee your privacy.
- Necessity: If Rise Against Hunger India is convinced that there has been some inappropriate activity with or on our website/webpages, communications, charitable services or personal or real property or if we have reasons to believe that anyone using our website, has indulged in activities that may harm our donors, employees, partners, vendors, etc., we will disclose (we may or may not notify you) personal information as we deem appropriate.
- Required by Law: If any government or legal bodies require any information from us under the purview of a law or a legal compliance, we may go ahead and disclose the same.
- Requesting Communication: We have on board certain vendors who primarily help us seek new avenue and may need to use our data base to send direct mails, emailers, greeting cards, making phone calls, and others. We may share your information like phone numbers, email address, etc. with these agencies so that they can perform these activities on behalf of Rise Against Hunger India.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. Rise Against Hunger India will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. Rise Against Hunger India stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
OTHER WEB SITES
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which Rise Against Hunger India has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY PRACTICES
Rise Against Hunger India
302, 3rd Cross, HRBR Layout 1st Block,
Bangalore – 560043